The Russian Defense Ministry announced a pause of strikes against the Syrian city of Aleppo for eight hours.
The Chief of the Russian general staff’s main operational directorate, Sergey Rudskoy, said the humanitarian pause will be introduced from 08:00 till 16:00 local time on October 20, during which Russian aerospace forces and Syrian government troops will cease strikes, Rudskoy said,
“Though the U.S. Refuses to differentiate between terrorists and the so-called ‘moderate opposition’, Russia is working with the UN and nations that have influence on the Al-Nusra front to allow Al-Nusra front to retreat from Aleppo.
He added that Moscow is ready to cease fire and provide medical personnel with unhindered access to Aleppo at the request of humanitarian groups at any time, and to guarantee the rescue of the injured and sick.
Russian warplanes and Syrian forces loyal to President Bashar Al-Assad have been attacking the rebel-controlled districts of Aleppo since the collapse of the ceasefire agreement that was reached between Russia and the u.s.
Last month. Rudskoy also noted that 130 Syrian children are dead under militant gunfire, criticizing certain western countries for allowing civilian casualties.